Hide Navigation Bar for Mozilla Firefox
This extension enables you to hide the navigation bar through a toggle button. Currently the toggle button is the F2 key. You can change the key in the extensions options, as well as configure whether you want the Navigation Bar to be displayed on an initial Firefox launch. Also allows you to enable an Auto-Hide mode if you wish to use that instead.
This extension is based off the work completed in the Hide Menu Bar extension.
Need help? Submit your feature request, comment, or bug report to me.
DownloadDownload Hide Navigation Bar 1.42! - 14 KB - Updated March 27, 2017
Currently, Mozilla's Addons site is the only location Hide Navigation Bar is available. However, immediately after a new release, the newest version is only available from Hide Navigation Bar's all versions page on Mozilla's Add-ons website. After Mozilla reviews the version, it is made public on Hid Navigation Bar's public listing on Mozilla's Add-ons website. Click the download link above to go there, and retreive the latest version.
TestimonialsI picked up a few of the comments from users at Mozilla's Add-ons website.
"Jay, as always, does very well."
"Lets me see more website and less Firefox which is nice. "
"I like the additional space this addon gives me, since the skin I use uses a lot of space ;) "
DonationsObviously donations are not required for use, but are always welcome. I do spend a good amount of my time working on these projects. Time spent away from my family and friends. Donations made with the button to the right are secured by PayPal and will help to justify the time I spend working on these projects rather than with people in my life.
- Version 1.42 — March 27, 2017
- Updated to store settings in the proper key. Old versions may need settings reconfigured. Fixed bug with Firefox 52.
- Version 1.41 — March 26, 2011
- Removed dependence on eval() per Mozilla reviewer -- why didn't they disapprove of this until now?
- Version 1.4 — March 26, 2011
- Added support for Mozilla Firefox 4.0.*
- Rewrote some of the autohide methods, and improved functionality.
- Version 1.3a — January 23, 2010
- Added compatibility for Firefox 3.6.*.
- Version 1.3 — June 30, 2009
- Added compatibility for Firefox 3.5's release.
- Version 1.2 — September 12, 2008
- Added Show Delay for auto-hide mode (so it doesn't instantly display when you hover -- it makes sure you wanted the bar) defaulted to 500 milliseconds. This setting is configurable in the options. Also made options improvements.
- Version 1.1 — September 8, 2008
- Added Auto-Hide functionality, along with the ability to configure the delay time for the auto hide. Improved compatibility with the Glasser extension for Firefox.
- Version 1.0.20080905.1708 — September 5, 2008
- Added options menu to allow users to configure their toggle key, enabled status, and launch default.
- Old Versions - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/versions/8769